Tuesday, June 15, 2010

OneADay [035] - E3 Wii

Zelda : It looks ok, Twilight Princess looks better to me. Also they need to get better people to play the games when they demo them. As for the whole "Turn off your wifi" thing that the iPhone also experienced all I have to say is, I use wifi in my house. What stops that from interfering? Makes me not want to pick up a Wii or iPhone but I digress. The game is fun but the trailer looked way different then the gameplay. More could have been done here.

Mario Sports : I think I will pass. Wii sports already exists so many people already own this game. Nintendo seems to really be milking Mario lately.

GoldenEye : WHY REPLACE BOND? Also for a remake it didn't have that good of a graphical jump. Has potential but that would be it is like they are remaking Super Mario 64 where you play as Luigi.

Wii Party : pass

Kirby : Really slow, even Super Mario Bros. (NES) seemed faster then this. It is interesting I will give it that. Have to wait for some actual hands on experience.

Epic Mickey : Must buy. Could be the best non-Nintendo game so far.

Donkey Kong : FINALLY! Get this!

3DS : I have a DS already, and because I can turn the 3D off whenever I want to there is no reason to build a game around the 3D. Games will feel gimmicky rather then Avatar like.

Kid Icarus : Hope I don't need the 3DS for this (see above), it looks awesome. One of the few games here I want to play.

Nintendo, You have a 50/50 with me. You didn't really push motion control too much like Sony and Microsoft but you already did that a few years ago. It seems like most of the new games Nintendo is coming out with is Casual and that is a good move. The world is moving more into casual gaming (Halo, Call of Duty, Facebook Games, etc) so they are making a smart move here. Next up, Sony!

No comments: